Tacos!! I love Mexican cuisine, and when you have a group of people together that all eat differently then a taco bar is the perfect meal to please the omnivore and herbivore alike as well as little kiddos if you have any. My boys will down a bowl of re-fried beans in a second and they love it.
This black bean taco recipe from FoodLove has turned into one of my favorite bean recipes of all time, I’m being serious! I put it on tacos, burritos, nachos, quinoa bowls, taco salads or even by itself with some sweet potatoes on the side. I just want to kiss whomever came up with this recipe. So give it a try, you won’t regret it I promise!
Black Bean Filling:
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil (you can also just use water to saute)
- 2 TSP Minced Garlic
- 2 TSP Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 TSP Onion Powder
- 2 15.5 oz. cans Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained)
- 2.3 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
Avocado Lime Sauce:
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro
- 3 Limes, Juiced
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Taco Seasoning
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 TBSP Sugar (sugar substitute)
- 2 TBSP Water
For the beans:
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil, garlic, taco seasoning and onion powder for 2-3 minutes.
- Add black beans, tomato juice and salt and stir until combined.
- Let beans cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro, and serve immediately
For the Sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
For the Tacos:
- Heat one side of the tortilla over a skillet for about 10 seconds
- Flip over and fold tortilla in half to create the taco shape
- Cover one side of each tortilla with beans, then top with cheese
- Close tortilla and heat 3-4 minutes longer on the skillet
- Remove from skillet and serve with Avocado lime dipping sauce